Monday 5 January 2009

Statement from Alan Gloak, Chairman of Somerset County Council

STATEMENT

I have been asked for my views on the decision on the destruction of the
red brick buildings on the Morlands site. I have said that I believe
that this is a major step in the wrong direction and should not take
place. These buildings have merit, which in my opinion is more than the
par-bolic roof building has and I would ask the SWRDA to think again. I
believe that the SWRDA and Mendip DC the two owners of the site should
arrange a meeting with the protestors and other interested parties ASAP
PDQ. This statement also applies to the derelict cottages in Becekery
which are desperately needed for homeless families in Glastonbury


County Councillor Alan Gloak
Coombe House, Bove Town,
Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 8JG

No comments:

Post a Comment