Tuesday 13 January 2009

It started with a Google search...

for David Heathcote-Amory (our local MP, Tory) which yielded some interesting links:

The Guardian's "Ask Aristotle", likewise his registered interests (property, hotels, agricultural machinery).

I suppose the guy's got to make a living somehow...even though he gets paid well as an MP.

Here's his Wikipedia page.

He's got a website: www.davidheathcoatamory.co.uk where you can search his press releases...which I did for the term "Morlands":

Feb 2007: MP Queries Regional Development Agency’s Claim to Support Local Enterprise

Dec 2005: MP continues fight to give Morlands back to local people

Nov 2005: MP Slams RDA Decision To Exclude Avalon Plastics From Morlands Park

He's not happy with what's going on at Morlands either.

He also said this today (via email):

Thank you for your email about the Morlands site. I am still awaiting a response from the National Audit office about whether they
will investigate this site. I am keeping a very close eye on developments but do not plan to visit the site again the in the near future.

David Heathcoat-Amory


The best bit: along the way, I stumbled upon 3 excellent websites:

TheyWorkForYou.com, HearFromYourMP.com, and FixMyStreet.com. No, I'm not going to tell you what you can do on them so you're going to have to visit the sites yourself :)

They're all run by MySociety.org, who have several other projects too. They left me thinking "Now why didn't I think of that?". Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment