Tuesday 4 April 2017

today i will...

and today, i will do everything
i will make that plan
complete that idea
do the half-done job
succeed

i will run backlit through a perfect sunny field
with my perfect wife
our perfect children
and our perfect dog
she will glow like a tampon advert
i will be indestructible
like, japanese 4 x 4 pickup indestructible
but still caring and loving

my online timesaving app
will be the Next Big Thing
my designs will break the mould
that has grown all over our sleepy conscience
you will buy them and feel good
for a while
until something else comes along

i will make my one-off, throwaway virtual friends laugh
with my witty comments
my wacky ideas
but not my smelly socks
it will give my ego the empty calories it craves
but these fished compliments stink after a few days
and sometimes the likes are just like missed bites

the plan is brilliant
only i can pull it off
it's going to be hard work
the idea fits me perfectly
it will succeed

i will be popular with the ladies
admired by the men
invited to speak on that round red carpet
about doing more with less
until you do everything with nothing
until the point is pointlessness

i will bask in my borrowed success
i will lean cynically back and look at the world
judge it and find it boring
it won't meet my double standard
of apathetic genius

i will water my organic, permacultural, no-dig social media profile
effortlessly
with tears of compassion
on the seeds of destruction
until i have time for nothing else

but first i must get out of bed

No comments:

Post a Comment