Sunday 2 April 2017

one hump or two?

(i'm taking part in NaPoWriMo)
   
i want to get to the point, i said, i like short, direct poems
i don't want to mess about
this is getting complicated
 
slow down, she said, take your time
let your mind glide over my narrative arc
your thoughts caress my rounded stanzas
your words tease my soft and swollen rhymes
lie back and let me ride your intellect
i want it inside me

all i wanted was a friendship with benefits
no heavy stuff, quick witty meetings with no zips or buttons
sheets awash with lurid fantasy
sexy glances into metaphors
scanning until our cheeks went red
and our minds sore from grammatical friction

it's ok, she told me. these things develop
i never knew we would get here
i was only in it for the laughs

so i carry on writing
short snappy ones or long laboured ones
whether i like it or not
i'm fucked either way

1 comment: